How to choose a wiper?
How to choose a wiper?
There are two kinds of windshield wipers, one is the traditional intermittent type, this is the most common wiper, there are three to four segments, and the drivers adjust according to the rain and the condition of sight. The other is the raindrop induction type, which is mostly used in medium and high class models. Good wipers must be heat resistant, cold resistant, resistant to acid and alkali, corrosion resistance, can joint the windshield, easing the burden on the motor, low noise, strong dial water, soft, not scratch the windshield and other characteristics, can make you clear view. Maintenance staff suggest that the wipers should be replaced every year to ensure your driving safety.
1. First, find out what kind of windshield wiper your car is using. Please refer to the manual of the car and see the type of windshield wiper.
2. Pay attention to the matching of the support rod to the wiper rocker arm. Some of the arms are screwed to the rocker arm, while others are locked with a buttonhole.
3. Pull up the wiper and touch it on the clean rubber wiper with your fingers to check for damage and the elasticity of the rubber blades. If the blade is aged, hardened and cracked, the wiper is not qualified.
4. During the test, the wiper switch is placed at various speed positions to check whether the wiper can maintain a certain speed at different speeds. Especially in the intermittent working condition, it is also necessary to pay attention to whether the wiper maintains a certain speed during exercise.
5. Check the state of water scraping and whether there is uneven swing or leakage of the water support rod. If the following three situations occur, it indicates that the wiper is not up to standard. First, the pendulum is not good, the wiper is not normal beat; The second is that the contact surface of the rubber is not completely fit with the glass surface, and the residue is produced. Third, after wiping the glass surface to render the water film state, the glass produces fine lines, fog and linear residue.
6. During the test, it should be noted that there is abnormal noise in the motor. In particular, it should be noted that when the wiper motor is buzzing, it will not turn. This indicates that the wiper mechanical transmission part is rust dead or stuck, should immediately turn off the wiper switch, in case of burning the motor.
7. Some people think that the longer the length of the wiper blade, the larger the area of the brush, the better the view. In fact, the wiper blade is not the longer the better. The length of the extended wiper blade can increase the range of visual field, but it also increases the burden of the wiper motor and the rain scraper. Of course, it's ok to lengthen it, but make sure it doesn't get in the way of the wipers.
Related Industry Knowledge